Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here we go

So, I hope that I can be better at keeping this updated than I am with my journal. Just an update on the Bensons: Livy will be 11 months old on the April 6th and I can't believe how fast this last year has flown by having her in our lives. She has Peter wrapped around her little finger and pretty much everyone who meets her. She is such a good baby for us and hardly ever whines. Well, except when mom leaves the room without her. Thankfully she's picked up crawling very well so she follows me from room to room. She's really loving walking with the help of someone holding her hands. I'm hoping she'll be walking by summer so we can having some great adventures.
Peter has finally settled on a career path. Yea!! He is going to be a Marriage and Family Counselor. He is going to be so great at it. He's the most patient, loving man I've ever met and we're so excited to be heading toward this career. He'll finish up at BYU-Idaho April 2011 and then we'll be off for an internship and then back to school for his Master's and eventually Doctorate. We're praying he'll be accepted into BYU-Provo for that. Peter has also been my wonderful teaching partner for our primary class for the past two years. Our class this year is made up of 10 ambitious 4/5 year olds. Peter has become the "security" of the class while I get to teach. They are the cutest little kids and I love going to church each week. They reach us more than we teach them most of the time.l
As for me, I've been at home loving being a mom. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to be able to do this at this time. I'm kept on my toes since Livy's ablt to get around. She loves to explore and get into as many things as possible. I've also just been letting my knee heal. I tore my ACL back in the beginning of January and wasn't able to get surgery so we're letting my body heal itself. Through several differetn trials that have presented themselves over the last 4 or 5 months my testimony has been strengthened by leaps and bounds. I am so grateful for the role the Atonement plays in my life, especially in times of trial, fear, and pain. I have truly come to understand it on a whole nother level because of things I've endured and continue to endure. The gospel is incredible and I can't imagine my life without it.

Here are just a few pictures of Livy from the last few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment