Monday, September 13, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

So, Peter's been away for a Therapeutic Rec conference for the last two days and won't be back for another 2 and I miss him. Well, that's an understatement. I hate when I can't be with him. I am such a baby...I struggle when he has classes all day. Silly I know but what can I say, he's been the center of my universe for the last two and a half years. With him being gone I've come to realize how much I love this man. Peter is such a great person to be around. He's positive, strong, and great to look at if I do say so myself. I can't wait for him to get home.

I don't know about anyone else but I feel that a lot of times when I decide/resolve to do something better, that's when things start to test me. In my last entry I resolved to be better about dwelling on the positive things, but then things came up that weren't pleasant. I believe that when we're feeling our strongest, that's when Satan decides to step up his game and throw whatever he can at us, and since we're feeling strong I think Heavenly Father sees how we handle it and how much we grow from it. It's so wonderful knowing we'll never be faced with anything that He knows we can't handle.

Just a quick update on the Bensons before I sign off. As I said before, Peter's at a conference for his major and says he is learning a lot of useful stuff, which is great! He also got an internship for next summer!! I'm so happy for him. He'll be doing it at the state hospital in Provo, UT. So, sadly we'll be moving from my beloved Idaho and family but Peter's family lives in Orem so I'm so happy to have my other family close by. Peter is the best dad and husband. Every night he rubs my feet and back and bathes Livy and tucks her in. She is such a daddy's girl. The last two days she's been wandering from room to room saying, "Dada, dada?" and gets pretty sad when she can't find him. Livy is growing up so fast. She loves running around, playing with her baby, eating, reading, and going for walks. She is such a sweet heart. She gives big sloppy kisses and has the cutest little smiles. I love being a mom!! As for me I'm 26 weeks along and feeling anxious and excited all at once. We can't wait to meet our new addition. Well that's all sorry it jumps from one topic to the next, but hey, I'm doing it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment