Thursday, December 2, 2010

I have CONQUERED!!!

I better warn everyone that I'm going to toot my own horn for just a minute =) I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes with this pregnancy and it was really tough to adjust to a new diet and to prick my fingers multiple times throughout the days but at my last appointment my doctor said that my blood sugar numbers were so good that I didn't have to check them anymore. Hooray!! I'm pretty competitive and am proud to say I beat diabetes! So, if anyone happens to get it, don't let it scare you. If I can do it, anyone can.

So I have roughly 2 weeks before my new little angel gets here. Eeek (this is both an incredibly excited and incredibly scared eeek)! I was just wondering if any of you wonderful women out there had any tips about what to do to make your hospital stay easier. Not that I had a bad experience last time (the nurses and staff were wonderful) but I'm just not the biggest fan of staying in hospitals in general. Were there things you wished you brought? Things you did that you were so happy that you did? Things for before and after the birth...anything. So, if you'd be so kind as to share your secrets and such with me I would love it!! Thank you and I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for 2 weeks left!!! Hospital stays...ugh..we were bored out of our minds!! Haha...but we brought all our movies and just watched them! It was pretty sweet! Do you need to borrow our collection?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats going to come up fast! Good luck with the last little bit! I've never had bad hospital stays, but we too bring movies books, my own pillows. I'm bad I stay the minimum and then get the heck out of there. I just like my bed to much. Good luck Heidi! Oh and thats awesome with the diabetes thing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete